Saturday, April 26, 2014

Infinity

I came across this article earlier this week, and I found it fascinating. Not necessarily because of its contents - it talks about the possibility of parallel worlds existing mere millimeters away from us in another form of space. I know I don't know much about science, but it seemed kinda far-fetched. I mean, I guess who knows, right? But still.

But it reminded me of something my biology professor told us once.

He was trying to explain to us the concept of infinity. He said that if it's true that ours is an infinite universe, it means infinite possibilities. That means that somewhere out there, there is a professor just like him, teaching a class just like ours, about just the same principle as he is now.

And not only is it happening once.

It's happening infinite times.

*pew*

That's my mind exploding. Every time I think about that, I just get dizzy thinking of it. And then my mind wanders to the possibilities. What if one of my hairs is different on another world? That's got to be happening somewhere else too, or perhaps another hair, or it's a different colored shirt, or maybe somewhere else everyone has different skin colors, or maybe trees are purple with that hair that's out of place, and maybe somewhere else my friend sitting next to me goes by Laura instead of Lu...

I can't do it anymore. My mind can't take it all.

But it's by far the best explanation of infinity I'd ever heard.

(Did you get dizzy thinking about it too?)

1 comment:

  1. I have to go by Laura in some circles because Lu is just too informal

    ReplyDelete