Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sometimes I get stabby

Sometimes I get stabby because my mind sounds like this: 


...the clothes in the dryer they'll have to get rewashed or they'll get mildew-y, but first I have to fill up this water bottle so that I have some for when I'm thirsty while pumping later since it's getting painful but maybe I should clean the living room first so I don't have to look at this huge mess while I pump and just get stressed and then I don't make enough milk though that's laughable I make enough of this for a village but that's gross and so are these dishes that need to go in the dishwasher but first I have to unload the clean ones but I can't do that right now because Ariana will try to play in it and I can't keep her occupied away from me unless it's in the bathtub but obviously I can't do that because a) I can't leave her alone in the tub full of water and even if I did she'd freak out that I wasn't there and b) we already took a bath today (oh crap our towels are still on the floor and did I drain the water?) and while it might be good for her diaper rash to clean off and dry out again I just don't have an hour to sit with her there which is as long as she'd play in the tub if I let her and she'd have a meltdown if I took her out before she was ready since she didn't take her nap today and I wish I could take a nap today but that's not going to happen because even if the girls are sleeping at the same time that means I can actually use the dishwasher without getting ambushed but I know I need to finish cleaning the kitchen so we don't find any more stupid roaches like the two I found yesterday oh that reminds me I need to call the office to make sure the bug spray people come tomorrow and where the heck are they all coming from anyway because we clean this apartment as often as possible with two little ones and we really aren't that messy but I guess we do have a one year old who gets crumbs everywhere even though we don't let her have food away from the table I guess it just sticks to her clothes or something oh crap that reminds me I have to switch out the clothes in the washer because if I don't put...



...On repeat. Looping on itself over and over and over and over and....

5 comments:

  1. Love this! You know you're not alone in this..and this is totally corny but i heard this quote about young mothering and its just stuck with me "the days are long, but the years are short."

    ReplyDelete
  2. every day!! I've reached the point where sometimes I can load or unload the dishwasher WITH kids around. It gets different as they get older (not better, because, lets face it, you just are trading problem for problem) Hooray for moms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the best description of life I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome. <3 Love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! SO funny and very real.

    ReplyDelete