Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What to do?

The thing is, the bulk of this blog was used as an outlet for my cancer(ous?) thoughts. Sure, I wrote a little before and after, but not as much of it has had the meaning of the cancer posts. And while now I look back at those and cringe at the awful writing that I'll blame on chemo brain (it's a thing, and it was WAY worse than pregnancy-brain, or even mom-brain so far), and because it hardly encompassed a third of what happened and a fourth of what I felt - because it was the only real outlet I felt I had, I still treasure those posts and think of them when I know I want to write more. Shouldn't all my posts be that funny? (Even though they really weren't.) That insightful? (Same.) That meaningful? But now, life isn't quite as dramatic as it was then, much as Ariana tries to convince me otherwise.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I want to write, but now I'm not sure how to pick up and still be interesting in my mundane life. Would anyone be interested in my random musings? I'm finding Facebook less and less appealing to use as an outlet for my thoughts, and mostly use it for pictures or to catch up with others, but not so much to catch up with me. I feel like most of the things I have to say can't be said in a quick status update, or I don't want to discuss the topics with people I haven't talked with in a very long time but who would want their opinions heard on my wall.

But I also don't want to JUST talk about all the silly things Chris and I do as a silly married couple in our silly lives. I want to talk about things that are just more personal and meaningful. Plus, who really cares what we ate for dinner last night?

Maybe I am just craving more adult interaction :)

I think what I'm getting at is this - I want a kind of fresh start to writing, but haven't been sure how to segway in. I think starting a new blog would be silly - it's still me writing, isn't it? What would I be changing? I don't know, it's just been hard to think about writing about mundane things after so many significant things have been said.

They say that in order to be a good writer, you have to read a lot and write a lot. I eventually want to write a book about my cancer story, even if it's just for me and my childrens. I even have a rough rough rough draft. But recently, a dear friend of mine told me, out of the blue, how she thinks I could really make a great memoir, how she loves my writing style, etc etc. And since it's something I already want to do, it really propelled my interest. She was so nice about it too! I don't think she knows how much what she said meant to me - it was so uplifting - but now, I want to write more. For everything.

I want more discussion too - is there a better platform than a blog for that, but that's more personal than Facebook? I don't necessarily care to force my opinions on everyone's newsfeed. I like that people specifically come here to read and comment. It seems more interesting that way.

Final thoughts - I want more interaction. And writing. And laughing. And sharing. Hopefully you'll be seeing more of me. And I you.

6 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. Keep writing and I'll keep reading. When you need more adult conversation please call me because I need it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be glad to see more from your blog. :)

    And I need more adult interaction as well. If you're ever up my way....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'll pretend I'm writing to you with each post. :) Anna what city do you live in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Highland. You're in Provo, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Rosanne! I was actually just reading up on a few of your posts and had a quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks~

    Emily

    ReplyDelete