Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympics! Wahoo!


Yay London 2012! This is the first time I've ever been really into watching the Olympics. I've always had an attraction to the artsy Opening Ceremonies, but in high school, I was too busy sleeping or something to watch events, and in college I was too social and flighty to focus on what was on and when.

This year, I still don't know what's necessarily on at what time, but I know that primetime = 4 hours of Chris and I (and sometimes friends) on the couch, watching the best of the best strut their stuff. How did I never get into this before?!? This stuff is golden!

I think part of the greatness is hearing what the commentators have to say.

Did y'all see when Larson on the USA Women's swim team jumped into the water too soon because the sound malfunctioned? First of all, what an awesome mistake to make, but also, how did nobody else jump in when the buzzer went off? That was tricky. But the commentator said, "It looks like she might have jumped in a little early."

Oh, is that so? She "might have?" LOLz! I was laughing about her incident (not AT her; it very well could have happened to anyone. Indeed, why didn't it happen to more of them?), but really - I mean, nobody's going to remember her for winning the silver*, but THAT, she'll go down for.

A not favorite moment: Japanese Men's Gymnastics vying - and winning - silver as a team. Really, you can file a protest for a score? Seriously?! Come on, Olympic Committee. Who thought that would be a good idea? Plus, you have to pay to do it. Soooo all the rich countries have no issues, but the poor ones are OUT. That's too bad. I say let it stand what the judges originally said.

Well anyway. I'm sure I'll have more to say as the next two weeks go on. I'm excited to keep watching!

*I guess I was wrong, and she didn't win the silver. But then that ruined my post, so, now, you're informed, and I still sound cool.

3 comments:

  1. Silly goose, she didn't win silver - that was Soni :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so know what you mean by wondering why you didn't watch the Olympics before! I like never watched any of it and this year is the first time that I've taken a real interest in it and I'm hooked!!!! It's amazing to see so many talented people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and I got your post on my blog; I have that same problem with my sisters blog. I can't seem to follow hers like I can yours, but it's in my list so I can click on it and still view it. I know we both made our blogs private by invitation only, so I'll have to see if there's a setting I have wrong.

    ReplyDelete