Tuesday, August 2, 2011

This post talks extensively about my pee

When you get a major-ish surgery, the hospital does all it can to do what it takes to make you feel comfortable - if you're at a good hospital. After my "c-section" surgery, that included giving me a catheter (a tube and sac that catches your pee) so that I didn't have to move around too much after the surgery. It was a good idea, too, because the first time I did go pee, I passed out on the toilet. Apparently, that's "normal" after surgery. Thank goodness I'm not a boy!

Anyway, this whole catheter thing was working out great for me, until at one point, I started to feel a but of pressure in my bladder. Not to worry, the catheter was there to catch all my urinating needs. But the more time that passed, the more pressure I felt. I tried to push myself to go, but my whole abdomen was pretty much useless as far as muscle control went, seeing as it had just been sliced open. So I tried to relax, thinking that was my best option. Plus, I had a friend visiting and I can't very well start talking about my pee while she's sitting on my bed.

Wait a second. She was sitting on my bed....

"Hey Sarah, get up and move for me will ya?"

We called the nurse in, and asked her about the bag. She said it was looking alright, then she traced the cord back up. "Looks like we had a kink in here!" She untwisted it, and sure enough, I started going freely again.

And going.

...and going

...and going

...and going

...and going

...and going

...and going

...and I kid you not, two minutes later I started slowing down. Not stopping, but slowing down. Think about how long two minutes is, then think about how long it is to relieve yourself.

I wasn't even embarrassed. What a feat! Who knew you could pee for two minutes straight!

Obviously, you see why I had to tell this story.

PS for anyone who hasn't heard, I'm having a head shaving party this Friday, August 5th @ my house @ 6:30. It's also a fondue party so feel free to bring dippins.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so this is a comment somewhat unrelated to this post but you should probably go pee before you watch it or you might have problems while watching it. Just a warning... :) http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/393611/august-01-2011/from-ashes-to-bullets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that this story makes me want to pee? (TMI?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janell, that video was top notch.

    Annie, if that story wasn't tmi then your needs are not tmi

    ReplyDelete