Friday, August 12, 2011

This is just plain funny

I frequently use Skype to chat with a very good friend of mine who is currently in the Dominican Republic, waiting for her local husband's visa papers to clear so they can come to America!

Needless to say (but I will say it because it pertains to my story), they have different traditions and outlooks on life's challenging circumstances caused by amazingly different cultural upbringings.

During one of these nightly chats, her husband was telling me of a sinus infection he'd had for a while and it was really bothering him. We went over possible remedies, but one struck him that he thought might really work:


This is the face you make after squeezing half a lime's juice up your nostril.

Half a LIME!!!!

Isn't that hilarious?

The picture's not ideal - I wanted to get one of him doing the deed, but this was his second attempt and I can't imagine it was painless. However, now that I look at it again, it seems quite...perfect.

He ran away after that to deal with the pain, and days later when I talked to my friend again, she swore up and down that he was cured. Completely. With the lime.

Remember this story.

(PS I just noticed his wife in the upper left corner laughing her face off. You're welcome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment