Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How have I not mentioned how funny I am?

Listen. I know literally all my posts lately are about medical things. And it gets boring.

But it's literally all. I. do.

It really is like having a baby, in that it takes up a ton of your time, thought energy -

but I'm ahead of myself. This is about funny chemo!!!!

I should start out by saying that I have a red birth mark the size of Texas on my right leg. It's impossible to miss if you see me in anything shorter than pants. Whenever people ask about it, I generally tell them the truth, but when I'm feeling particularly adventurous, I tell them it's from a burn when I was younger, or I pretend like I've never seen it before, and they freak out, and I'm a horrible liar so then I tell them the truth and we all have a good laugh.

Ok, so for my first infusion appointment - when they changed from my first drug to my second drug, and I had to sit there and they pushed the chemo into an IV - the nurse was getting my medical history as far as the cancer was concerned, and she asked about any radiation I've had since the cancer started.

"So, what about any rashes since you've started radiation? Have those been bad? Are they gone?"

As I was telling her I hadn't done any radiation, a better idea came into my mind.

"You mean, something like this?" And I pulled up the blanket covering my leg.

I cannot fully express the joy that I felt as I watched her face go from confusion, to shock, to horror, to more confusion as I started laughing. And laughing.

It's little things like that that make me happy.

4 comments:

  1. I've gotta say, I love watching you mess with people about your birth mark. Oh! And I saw someone with a twin birth mark on their exact same leg a few weeks ago! I wanted to ask them if it was a new development or something, but I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, how did I not see this post last week? Too funny, wish I could have been there to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I seriously think I peed my pants while reading this post. Poor bladder control. Aww the things to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete