Thursday, June 16, 2011

Surgery Tuesday

I am getting surgery on Tuesday, and literally all I care about is that I am done with that mothertrucking chemo!! I made the doctor say those words to me, and I haven't felt so light in a long time.

I had to go to the doctor (surprise, surprise) because my side effects have been pretty bad, when really they should be non-existent. They ordered a CT scan, and I got to drink watered down chalk to contrast my insides. No seriously. Like two 20-oz bottles of it. Chris had to almost force it down my throat, and I threw up 3 times while taking it because I was already nauseous. So I asked Mr. Receptionist if there was ANY other way.

"Uh-huh, but you're not gonna want to do it. Trust me."

No, sir. You trust me. If you make me drink this, I will aim my next upchuck at your face. Would you like to accept?

But then the fun part, when the put in an IV and flushed in something that heated up everything up and down my spine. It totally made me feel like I was peeing myself, and I didn't even have to feel guilty, 'cause I hadn't done it! What a great day.

Then to the Good Doc, and he said they found a penny sized tumor that we'll be removing on Tuesday. Option #2 was a hysterectomy. Um, doctor, I'm 24. Guess if I want one of those.

AND I got to have an MRI! It's one of those giant tubes, and I got to listen to Pandora and relax the whole time. Plus, the noise from the machine accentuated my music, so I was listening to the remixed version of "Stand By Me," which spiced things up.

We've calculated that I would now be at the beginning of month 7 of my pregnancy, so if you think about it, I'm just getting an early C-section to take out the "baby," and now all we need is a name! Chris's vote is for Penelope because the tumor is penny-sized. What do you think we should name the baby tumor?


Just out of curiosity, would you rather have surgery or chemotherapy?

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the surgery. I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hands-down I'm much rather have surgery than chemotherapy. It's much more.....all-inclusive? And when it's over, you just have recovery time, not reoccurring illness. Good luck, Rosie. I'm thinking of you, and hope those freakin doctors know what they're talking about this time

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a trooper, girl! Good luck with your surgery. I'll be checking in on your blog during the week to hear that you're okay and everything went well. I think naming the tumor Penelope is hilarious. You guys have a great sense of humor about all this. Sending you lots of love and good thoughts for your surgery and the recovery time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update! I love your writing style. It's just like you are taking. I will be praying for you lots tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. surgery. good luck girl! i'm praying everything goes well! love you!

    ReplyDelete