Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bicycle! Bicycle!

Cue the Queen song that always comes to mind when I say the word "Bicycle," which then makes me think of "Fat-Bottomed Girls," which then makes me smile.

Chris and I went on a bike ride yesterday, and may I say it was THE perfect weather for a ride. We took some lemon juice to a friend making artichokes, and took the long way back. It was supposed to be leisurely, and Chris thought it would be a good idea to ride the ramp up to campus. Uh, are you kidding me, honey?? That is an automatic negative, as the ramp is at a 45 degree incline. This was supposed to be a leisurely ride. On a Sunday. Totally not worth it to work that hard on the Sabbath....for nothing. Also, I'm weak. What?


"But it will be so leisurely on the way down!!" It made no difference. There was nooooooo way.

So I led the way home, a nice breeze through the streets. And Chris was behind me, and said, "I really like it when you ride in front."

"Why is that?"

"Then I get to look at your bum all the way home."

I can't believe I didn't see that coming. You think these things might end in the honeymoon, the first year of marriage, but by now, I'm starting to see that once a man, always a man. We will be in front of our great-grandchildren, and Chris will hit on me that will make my next of kin blush.

Secretly, (don't tell him) I'm super flattered.

1 comment:

  1. haha love your posts. You always have so much whit- I love bike rides. I can't wait until I can do them again! =) We need to double soon before my baby pops! ha

    ReplyDelete