Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's Funny Because I Don't Have Kids Yet

Twoish months ago, I started a trend where I was wearing makeup about as often as I was not wearing makeup. (Still with me?) It came down to a very important decision in the mornings: Do you want sleep, or do you want to look like a sexy (married) beast for all the (single) men's hairs you will be cutting today? Guess which one won. But, being vain, I couldn't go without BOTH. The choice became more defined: Hair? Or makeup? I would choose hair (usually). I'm a hairdresser. Duh.

About a month ago, I basically stopped altogether. Both decisions. I am currently growing my hair out because it is easier to pull into a bun when you have more than 3 inches of hair on your head, as has been my trend over the past 22 months. So, that goes into a messy bun (can it be a bun if it still sticks out?) with exactly two bobby pins to hold the short layers in place. Get a little silky-smooth on my face and I am ready to go!

Pros of my new lifestyle:
1. More sleep.
2. No pressure to ALWAYS look hot.
3. Chris notices 0 difference between makeup'd me/non-makeup'd me. Even though on some days when I wear makeup, he's like, "You look so nice today!" and can't figure out why.
4. Now, when I get all dolled up (read: get dressed, do hair AND makeup, maybe even some body spray oooOOOOoooohhh!), I can look in the mirror and say - "Day-um girl!! You lookin' fiiiiiinneeee!!!! Yeah, you are welcome...."
5. More sleep.
6. Chris no longer has to ask me "Will you be ready in 5 minutes?" "Will you be ready in 10 minutes?" He is pleasantly surprised that I am responsible enough to realize that one activity in three must go - sleep, hair, makeup.
7. More sleep.

Cons:
1. I now feel officially married and old.
2. I have started this trend before even conceiving my first child.
3. I always SWORE I never makeup to impress anyone but me. Was I - OMG - lying?!?!!
4. I rarely look hot. Not that I need to pickup anyone, but knowing that I'm at least attractive gives a nice boost to my day.

On the Undecided side, all I have is that I've tried to track if I get more tips on days I don't vs. do wear makeup. And I will whore myself out for all the tips I can get in this stingy town. Results are inconclusive at this point.

Anyone else feeling this? Maybe it's something in the water......

5 comments:

  1. You crack me up!!! Hilarious! See I am a stay at home mom so I don't even get out of my sweats most days.....and the days I do shower and get ready I put my sweats back on. Yeah the glamorous life I live! At least I am always comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have definitely fallen into this trap, too, Rosie. I loved this post - I felt like I was reading about my own life...except insert Dylan instead of Chris, and content editor instead of hairdresser, and the fact that I stare at a computer screen every day instead of actually interacting with people, and you've got me :) Oh, and the fact that you look a heck of a lot better without makeup than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my girl! Always logical, you are.

    You are WELcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next thing you know, three months will have passed without you shaving your legs once...

    Hilarious post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! I love this. I get in a rut too- so lately I make it twice a week where I get fully done up usually date night and Sundays. HA! But my husband notices a huge difference. Lucky to have such natural beauty my friend! =)

    ReplyDelete