Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Return

Ever since I saw Amelie I have thought about those things that "elle aime." At the top of my list is:
-Waking up three hours before I should, looking at the clock and realizing how long it is until I have to get up, and going back to sleep with a smile on my face.
-Slightly burnt Cheez-its
-Thinking about braiding the stems on my lamp in the living room. I'm doing that soon...maybe tonight?
-Paul Mitchell!
-The fact that BYU CREAMED UCLA today, with a 59-NADA win!!!!!! And I'm proud to be an American....wait. Different song. That game was still pimp.

Speaking of which (the PM part), that is going ridiculously well. I realize that I am extraordinarily different from most the girls in my class - there's only 8 of us which is sweet - and it's totally fine. I was worried I would somehow exclude myself because I 'don't fit in,' and I don't. I participate in chat and dinner breaks when I care, and if I find that I just want to be alone, work on homework, or do something on my own, I FINALLY have the confidence to just....do what I want. And not care what they think. And this isn't in some self-righteous way, I just really appreciate my independence and don't feel the special need to be the center of attention all the time to feel like I fit in. I will work for the friendship when I feel like I can and I'm comfortable, or when I feel someone else needs it. 

Does this make any sense? I'm listening to a song called Missing Missouri so it's driving my thoughts more than this so it could be discombobulated, and I'd say I'll fix it later, but....I won't. haha. Anyway, there is a 38 year old Domincan in my class named Rosa and i ADORE her. She is so friendly and fun and just great to talk to, she has some great stories and I'm learning a lot from her and her determinism and strength. She is a solid woman, and a great influence on me already.

Well, homework calls. So does every piece of chocolate in my apartment, and beyond. I swear sometimes I could drink a bottle of Hershey's syrup and not think twice. Thank goodness for cookie dough. And Ben&Jerry's on sale...and chocolate chips...and Ghiradelli...

Have I ever mentioned it's a dream of mine to visit Ghiradelli Square in San Fran? Any takers for a road trip?

1 comment:

  1. So I just found your bligity blog and I am a commenter...so get used to it.

    Ghiradelli Square rocked me world. I went there last spring and had the most amazing chocolate cupcake EVER. It had a caramel core. Kill me now. I do regret not getting a hot fudge sundae at the Ghiradelli shop so I need to back. You just let me know when you are ready and I'm there.

    ReplyDelete